October 30, 2014

Nursing Tip of the Day! - Medical Surgical Nursing

Category: Medical Surgical Nursing 
In the absence of carbidopa, about 98% of levodopa is lost in the periphery, leaving only 2% available to the brain. This is due to decarboxylases in the GI tract. When this is inhibited by carbidopa, only 90% of levodopa is lost, leaving 10% available.

No comments :

Post a Comment